Effective Date: 4 June 2020
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA WE COLLECT
Commonly collected personal data of our customers include, amongst other things, names, addresses, telephone (landline and mobile) numbers, e-mail addresses, NRIC/FIN numbers, nationalities, profession, education and medical history, dates of birth, driver's licence numbers, payment information, credit card numbers, preferred communication methods; reviews and opinions about SLC (if they are identified or associated with you) and any other type of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may collect about you through your transactions with SLC or its related affiliates’ websites.
In addition to personal data provided to us, certain information related to you that is not considered personal data under the relevant data protection regime may also be collected. We collect this information to improve our website and other online services. Such non-personal data may include information such as your IP address, the internet browser you use, details of your interaction with our website and other types of non-personal data.
Further, we may obtain personal and non-personal data about you from other sources and combine it with information you provide to us. In situations where a third party under contract with SLC or its affiliates collect personal data about you, we will require the third party to provide a standard of data protection comparable to the protection applicable under the relevant data protection regime.
Collection of personal data
We may collect Personal Data for our business purposes in the following ways:
- To improve the content and the navigability of our website;
- To verify your identity;
- To process and respond to inquiries;
- For the purposes for which you provided the information (e.g. provision of corporate secretarial services, marketing and processing your employment applications);
- For the purpose of compiling data and conducting statistical or demographic analysis;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of SLC or any of its affiliates;
- To comply with a court order or other legal process or other legal requirements of any governmental authorities; and
- In the sole discretion of SLC, in exceptional circumstances which SLC deems such disclosure is necessary and prudent.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information on your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
Cookies are small files which require user permission in order to be installed on a device's hard drive. Cookies will only start to perform their functions after such permission is granted. By collecting and analysing data on the user's browsing patterns, cookies allow web applications to respond to the user as an individual by tailoring a web application's operations to the user's specific needs and preferences.
Permission for cookies is granted by default in most web browsers. You can however choose to disable this function in your browser's settings. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This use is designed to assist us in gathering data on web page traffic. The gathered data is used only for statistical purposes and is removed from our database shortly after.
Overall, the data collected by the cookies is used for the purpose of improving your browsing experience on our website. Cookies do not grant us access to your computer or any information about you outside of your browsing activity on our website.
By accessing our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device
2. PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Generally, SLC may collect, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to, processing and handling your complaints, queries, requests, feedback and suggestions;
- verifying your identity;
- managing the administrative and business operations of the Companies and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving any of the Companies;
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to design our products, understand customer behaviour, preferences and market trends, and to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime, including fraud and money-laundering or terrorist financing, and analysing and managing commercial risks;
- managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance and conducting security clearances);
- providing media announcements and responses;
- in connection with any claims, actions or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- managing and preparing reports on incidents and accidents;
- complying with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and/or
- any other purpose relating to any of the above.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
SLC will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be provided, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following affiliates or parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- SLC’s related corporations;
- agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide operational services to SLC, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing, training, market research, storage, archival, customer support investigation services or other services to SLC;
- vendors or other third-party service providers in connection with promotions, goods and services offered by SLC and its affiliates;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or any debt or asset sale) involving SLC or any of its affiliates;
- our co-brand and other business partners;
- our professional advisers such as our auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, government ministries, statutory boards or authorities and/or law enforcement agencies, whether local or overseas, including the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority, and the Insolvency and Public Trustee Office, to comply with any directions, laws, rules, guidelines, regulations or schemes issued or administered by any of them, as well as to comply with listing and other requirements or directions of Singapore Exchange Limited and/or any other relevant securities exchange;
- hotels, travel agents and foreign embassies in relation to overseas travel arrangements for staff;
- commercial shops and retailers in relation to providing staff welfare benefits;
- any swap repository, trade data repository, reporting agent, clearing house, centralised clearing party (including any clearing member of such clearing house or centralised clearing party), clearing broker, multilateral or other trading facility, system or platform or such other communication network or auction facility; and/or
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
4. AGE POLICY
We do not seek to obtain nor do we wish to receive personally identifiable information directly from minors. If a minor provides us with personally identifiable information, we encourage a parent or guardian of that child to contact us to have this information removed from our records and to unsubscribe the minor from future communication with us.
We will protect your personal data using industry standard precautions. While the transference of electronic data over the internet has inherent risks, we will use reasonable precautions to ensure your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks.
Some of the means through which such protection is rendered include:
- physical security around the premises of our offices where your personal data may be stored;
- access to your personal data is only available to the staff who require it to perform their duties; and
- installing and maintaining industry standard technology to protect our networks and data storage systems from third party interference.
However, you will appreciate that it is not for us to perfectly secure your personal data from cyber-attacks, such as spyware or viruses and you will not hold us liable for any unauthorized disclosure of your personal data arising from such risks.
6. OTHER SITES
Your Personal Data is retained as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
8. ACCESS / AMENDING / REMOVAL OF PERSONAL DATAIf you wish to:
- access the personal data we hold on you;
- request that we amend or correct your personal data; or
- withdraw consent to use or disclose your personal data.
Please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer ("PDP Officer") at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to assist you.
Your continued use of this website constitutes your consent to any such changes, to the extent such consent is not otherwise provided.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact our PDP Officer:
Stamfordland Corporation Limited
Attention: The PDP Officer